Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Song That bring Message

Louis Armstrong

What A Wonderful World Lyrics

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred(dog say good) night
And I think to myself what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
are also on the faces of people going by

(I also want to face the)

I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know
And I think to myself what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself what a wonderful world.

¡

Birth name: Louis Daniel Armstrong

¡Born : August 4, 1901
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.

¡Died :July 6, 1971 (aged 69)
Corona, Queens, New York City, U.S.

¡Genres : Dixieland, jazz, swing, traditional pop

¡Occupations : Musician

Years active : c. 1914–1971

¡ he describes his discovery that this family was also subject to discrimination by "other white folks' nationalities

¡ the grandson of slave

¡Armstrong was a leading personality of the day who was so beloved by a white-controlled America

¡Armstrong canceled a planned tour of the Soviet Union on behalf of the State Department saying "The way they're treating my people in the South, the government can go to hell" and that he could not represent his government abroad when it was in conflict with its own people

¡The FBI kept a file on Armstrong, for his outspokenness about integration

About The Song

¡Sarcastic

¡The use of facial expression

¡The use of words and sentence

¡Dark sacred night @ dog say good night

-meaning that black people have to stay at home during night. Dog refer to policemen

¡Others word that we highlighted??? It is for you to figure out…

3 comments:

  1. This is a song that i have always been listening but never once gave attention to its lyrics.Truly,this is a poem which i adore after Nakhaie's group presented recently.The words used in the lyrics were mild but the meaning hidden were just so significant that shows the feelings of not being treated equally.Metaphors used were a little difficult to understand but once it is revealed to one's knowledge,it gives a big impact to the particular issue.Other than that,he facial expression that is used were surely unpredictable,at first,Armstrong was smiling while singing then he started to have no emotion then at the last part,his smiles were purely sarcasm. A good song to use in classroom as the lyrics are clear and in a good pace.Calm yet extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this song very much! nowadays even michael buble mimic this one and created a better version. still, i think the original one is far better ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this song too!!! i enjoyed the songs, but i never knew the history behind it..i love to looked at his expression. it makes me laugh so hard =)

    ReplyDelete